The China Harbour Engineering Company (CHEC) has injected $1.1billion into the development of the Lekki Port project and automatically becoming the largest shareholder of the project with a 45 years Build, Operate Transfer (BOT) concession period.
Addressing maritime journalists yesterday during a media tour of the project site, Managing Director of Lekki Port LFTZ Enterprise Limited (LPLEL), Mr. Du Ruogang, said the injection of $1.1 billion makes the company the largest shareholder of the Lekki port project with 75 per cent stake.
“CHEC is now the largest shareholder of the Lekki port project following the injection of $1.1billion into the project. With this, we now have 70 per cent shareholding stake with our partners, Tolarams group having 5 percent, making our total shares 75 per cent,” he explained…
More details through:
News Archive from before July 2018